You’re in the process of buying a home, and your closing day is approaching. Congratulations! The tips below can help you close your home smoothly, helping you move in as soon as possible.
- Your Closing Disclosure, which runs through all the details of your loan, will be provided by your Mortgage Lender at least three days prior to your closing date. If anything looks different from what you were expecting based on the last Loan Estimate you received and reviewed with your Mortgage Lender, let him or her know prior to the closing date. If you have any last minute questions about the loan, this is also a great time to review them with your lender.
- Ask a trusted associate to attend the closing with you. You have the right to have a trusted friend, family member, advisor, or attorney present. If you feel you need to have an advocate, or you just want additional support, go for it! You’re making a big commitment, and you should be comfortable while making it.
- Don’t feel rushed. Closing on your home and mortgage is an important financial commitment, and one you shouldn’t take lightly. Take all the time you need at closing to read through all your closing documents and ask any questions you may have.
- Arrange your payment ahead of time. Have whatever amount is due at closing ready in the form of a cashier’s check or wire transfer.
- Walk away if you’re uncomfortable. If anything feels out of order at closing, or you feel uncomfortable in any way, you may want to walk away from the deal. Trust yourself and speak up.
At First Interstate Bank, we’re focused on keeping the lines of communication open throughout the entire mortgage process. If you ever have any questions, just ask your Mortgage Lender. We’re ready to help when you need us!